If you’ve ever eaten magic mushrooms, you know they can hardly be called delicious. While their unique flavor, to put it mildly, doesn’t bother some people, others are put off or may even feel like throwing up, especially when eating large amounts. That’s why crafty psychonauts have found plenty of ways to consume magic mushrooms that can tone down their earthy, sometimes musty taste. One of the easiest and most popular methods is to make magic mushroom tea.
Why make a magic mushroom tea?Check our Calculation Dosage Mushrooms
This simple “hack” not only solves the taste problem, but brings several distinct benefits to consuming magic mushrooms:
- Releasing the psilocybin molecules from the fungus and drinking them in a liquid will make them pass through the gastrointestinal tract more quickly, which will speed up the onset of the trip.
- Drinking psilocybin infusion without the mushrooms helps prevent stomach discomfort that can occur after eating mushrooms due to the chitin in their flesh.
- Adding ginger and citrus juice to the brew can help calm the stomach and speed up the onset of the trip, and make it stronger and more stable (more on this later).
- Adding different flavors to the infusion.
- Carrying magic mushroom tea outside is much more discreet than carrying a bag with mushrooms in it. It is also very convenient to share with friends because the psilocybin is diluted homogeneously in the liquid.
Many hobbyists who try to consume magic mushrooms by infusing them never eat them raw again. It’s quick, easy, customizable, and useful. So, without further ado, we’ll walk you through how to make magic mushroom tea.
How to prepare a magic mushroom infusion?
The basic recipe for making a mushroom infusion is to soak the mushrooms (fresh or dried) in hot water:
The majority of the psilocybin in the mushrooms will be steeped in water, but if you want to maximize the potential of your trip, you can either repeat the brewing process and have another cup of tea, or just eat the solid rest, which will not taste as strong as it did before brewing. Since you will be ingesting liquid rather than solids, your stomach will not need to dissolve it, and psilocybin will enter your blood more quickly. By taking magic mushrooms in the form of an infusion, the trip usually materializes in 30 to 45 minutes. It also passes faster than when you eat raw mushrooms. One solution to this is to not drink the infusion all at once, but to sip it quietly throughout your trip. This way, the start will be more gradual and the duration of the trip will increase.